Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Monday, January 17, 2011

Snow Day with Mama

Last Monday Bartlesville got a little snow, and with dropping temperatures it made for a very icy Wednesday morning which equated to a SNOW DAY!!!

Gabe and I had the perfect day off. I watched the news at 6:30, then went back to sleep at 7:30, and Gabe and I both got up and out of bed at 9:00.

Our first task of the day was having breakfast. It was cold and wintry so I went for the oatmeal. Gabe was a huge fan and ate all but two bites of the entire serving....with his spoon! He's getting so, so grown up. Just the other night Gabe was in the living room talking and I turned to Casey and asked, "Where's Gabe and who's the five year old sitting on the couch?" Sometimes when I listen to him I just can't believe that's my baby. He's been into repeating words and phrases for a long time, but now he's beginning to actually pronounce them correctly, so it makes him sound very old.

After breakfast I broke out a couple of craft projects and worked on those until lunch while Gabe watched Mickey Mouse. One night a few weeks ago he wasn't feeling well (constipation issues), and it was time to eat but he was refusing to sit at the table. So, I had him lay down on the couch and covered him up with a blanket and gave him a pillow to prop up his head. Ever since then any time he's on the couch he thinks he needs a pillow and blanket. Such a big little boy.

After a lunch of oranges and ramen noodles (yes, I actually like the ramen noodles and so does Gabe) Gabe went down for a nap and I continued catching up on housework and the like. Then, when he got up from nap Daddy came home and I enjoyed an evening off from house duties since I had taken the day to do them.

Here are some fun photos from our day off. Gabe's personality is just bursting in these photos. For the most part he just keeps us laughing. We have our normal discipline/power struggles, he is almost two after all, but mostly we just have a lot of fun.

Being coy...



Eating like a big boy...



...a big left handed boy.



CHEESE!



Yawning already?



Watching Mickey Mouse,
not concerned with the camera at all.



I see "class clown" comments on future report cards.


Speaking of school....(how was that for a segue?) Casey survived his first week of courses this semester. It is a full load (College Algebra, Biology, Accounting I, Human Geography, and Humanities I) and they are going to be challenging courses but I know if he continues to work as hard as he did this week he's going to be just fine. It really did take up every evening of the week except for one to complete all the work, but he's doing a great job on the assignments so that's a good sign.

I've been crafting like crazy (it's sort of what I do when I'm not blogging....sorry). One of these days I plan to share photos from my projects. Until then I'll try to find a better balance between blogging and crafting. There just aren't enough hours in the day to do it all.

Is summer here yet.....?

1 comment: