A teacher at one of Casey's buildings has a husband who works as a zookeeper and she gave him three free tickets to the zoo. When we arrived there were so few cars I was concerned the zoo wasn't open. It was indeed open and we trekked around the entire zoo in just a few hours. We stopped for lunch about halfway through and let Gabe play at the playground while we rested on a nearby bench. Then, to top the visit off we finished with a train ride around the park. I do believe it was Gabe's favorite part. He was quite sad when we had to get off.
He enjoyed all the exhibits and for this reason you will see a whole lot of the back of Gabe's head in these photos. He refused to turn around for a picture on just about every request.
Monkey watching.
He was ravenous.
Well, hello there Mr. Bear.
Close encounter.
Can you see his smile in the window?
He was thrilled to be so close.
Seriously thrilled.
Hey....didn't I just see that elephant?
Snack time.
The best I could get of his face.
He was very into studying the elephant.
Wanna know what he's ooing and aahhing over?
Alligators!
In front of the rock on the left is a medium sized lizard.
Look out! Rattler!
I honestly didn't know they were so big.
Finally, some friendlys.
I don't think the sheep even knows he's there.
Penguins. My favorite exhibit.
Gabe was giddy over watching them dive for fish.
Baby giraffes in lower left corner.
Train ride. And, yes that is his idea of a great smile. "Cheese."
Aloof. I think that term applies here.
Each time we take Gabe to the zoo he enjoys it more. When we headed for the exit he was begging to stay and as we walked through the exit toward the car he was throwing quite a tantrum to get us to turn back around. Unfortunately for him, it didn't work. To the car we went and he fell asleep just a couple miles down the road. It was a great day of family fun.
Our whole Christmas break was a pretty awesome time. I don't believe Casey and I have ever had that many consecutive days together without work. It was fabulous while it lasted. And, it was a much needed reprieve from school. Casey kicks off the spring semester today and is planning to take 18 hours (that's six classes). Yes, he may be crazy. But, he's also amazing because he's doing it for his family. Once school begins it'll be nose to the homework grind until May. And, then hopefully Baby #2 will make his or her arrival before the summer term begins.
No comments:
Post a Comment