Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Friday, May 17, 2013

Gabe Plays T-Ball

I can't believe we are here.

We have arrived at the age of organized sports.

Gabe is playing T-ball this summer in Carbondale. He has had two practices so far. I took my camera to the first practice and snapped away just like any rookie mom would (right?). After practice I asked him what his favorite part was....his reply, "Climbing the tires!" We played at the park before practice began. I have to admit some part of my competitive momma spirit was a little disappointed in his reply. But, then I reminded myself he's just turned four! Playing is the goal....MLB prospecting is not.

Even though it's officially called T-ball, the kids are actually pitched to first and then if they don't hit after three pitches they bring out the tee. I was proud to see Gabe connect with a few balls at each practice. After the second practice his favorite part was running bases. And, he did also play at the park that practice. My competitive momma spirit smiled to hear him say he enjoyed running the bases. The kids all took turns at different positions while one person hit. Gabe was so totally clueless. It was really entertaining to watch.

He turns his glove down to trap the ball, instead of palm up to scoop the ball. He throws balls harder in Grami's living room than he does on the field. He runs after most balls that come his way. And, he giggles like crazy all practice long. Not a doubt in my mind that little guy is having a blast on the field. Hopefully he'll make some new friends along the way and enjoy learning some basic ball skills too.

The practice field there behind him.

He was so excited!

His favorite: climbing tires.


Playing a little warm up catch.

 


Being a trooper...picking dandelions.

You know you're at T-ball practice when practice is halted to train watch.

Rolling in to the bucket.

Got it!
Still not sure about the skill being learned here, since you don't ever roll a ball to someone.

Cheesin' it behind that helmet.

Oh. This one.

He cracks me up.

 



Giggled his way around the entire thing.
 

Gabe will play mostly on Saturday mornings through June and a bit of July. I am so excited to see him progress as the season goes on. Though, I'm pretty sure his favorite part of every game will be.... the snacks afterward. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment