Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Grinter Farms Sunflower Visit

Last Thursday the kids and I did something a little crazy. We got up at 5 am to drive the hour east to Grinter Farms to see the field of sunflowers. I let Gabe cut the first hour of school...to say he was excited would be an understatement!

We were hoping for a beautiful sunrise, but were met by a rainstorm and muddy mess instead. We parked on the gravel and donning our muck boots we took a very quick walk into the field. The boys were mesmerized! Ellie was wishing she was back in bed. LOL.

Hoping we can make it another time when conditions are dry and we can walk further into the field and take pictures with the sun shining down.

Of course the clouds and muck didn't stop me from snapping a few photos anyway.
There was a tractor contraption with a grain chute
and he said "Mom, take my picture here!"
So, I did...and cropped that weird chute right out.
He's such handsome young man.

And then there's my Barrett.
It's Sunday...he's still carrying that sunflower around.
It's really gross now.

Nailed it.

Checking out the face on the sunflower.
It was so nice of Gabe to lift her up everywhere we went.

Awww...Barrett, I love you.

Who is that tall, lanky kid that stepped in my shot?!








Many sunflowers were larger than the kids' heads.

Sweet, happy, muddy kids.


So, she's saying cheese.
But her face is really saying why am I not still in bed?


Oh, now we're perking up a little!

She thought the flowers were beautiful,
but definitely really wanted to be in bed sleeping.

It was fun enough I'll definitely take the kids again in the next season!

No comments:

Post a Comment