Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Monday, May 15, 2017

Mother's Day 2017

Mother's Day. We've always been pretty low key about Mother's Day. This year was no exception.

The kids drew me pictures and Gabe shared some sweet words in his card and Casey bought me a fancy blender. Generally on Mother's Day I ask for just one thing, and that's heartfelt written (or drawn) messages from my kids and husband. Words speak life to me and especially speak life when I'm feeling like a mom failure. I like to look back over them for encouragement.

Our children's ministry director was out of town so I and our other kidmin assistant were at the helm for the weekend. I volunteered to set up a Mother's Day Photo Booth at church, so that meant a little more extra time at work than usual. We also squeezed three grad parties and one grad ceremony into the weekend!

We took some photos at church too on Saturday night. It was a special night because Amy and Jerad were having Greyson dedicated. A beautiful moment for us all.

One of the booths.
The sheet was my Grandma Moore's.
I picked up the chair years ago at an estate sale.
The flowers and tins are my mom's and
were used at our wedding.
Casey repainted the little blue ladder.
It was red and green.
The lace tablecloths are the church's.


This one was my favorite.
Mom let me borrow the apron.
The beautiful tablecloth Grandma Moore crocheted.
Mom also lent me the piece of fencing out of her yard.

So sweet.
Who knows where Barrett's glasses were.


Gabe wanted one with just me and him.
I was happy to oblige!
He's so handsome...and so big!


Amy, Mom, and me.

"Momma, can I snuggle with you?"
Yes, yes, always yes.

Saturday after church, while supper was cooking, I took some time in the hammock to go over my notes for emceeing in The Fort (our ministry for kids kindergarten through 4th grade) on Sunday morning. Ellie came out and requested to lay in the hammock with me. I was more than happy to let her.

Sunday morning at 7:25, just before leaving, we squeezed in a few annual Mother's Day photos. I love these. And, this year everyone was in the mood for cooperating! I didn't have to bribe or threaten to discipline even one time! Woohoo!

Barrett volunteered to go first.
This is a big improvement over other years!

My sweet Ellie.
And her crazy growing hair.

Aw, and my Gabe.
Look how big he is in my lap now!
And, that hat. He loves that hat.
He calls it his Toby Mac hat.

So much love in one photo.

But, also we like to have fun...so that happened.

Then, I asked Gabe to snap one of me and Casey.
He did pretty good!

After church, Casey dropped me off for lunch with the girls on the Moore side of the family. Susan drove me home on the way to the cemetery, and then I fell asleep on the couch for ten minutes. In the evening, we grilled out at my parents' house. And I indulged in the most delicious made from scratch Texas sheet cake, peanut butter version.

Monday morning.

So, my oatmeal bowl is missing here, but Monday morning I had what I really wish I had on Mother's Day weekend. A quiet, easy start to the day. I love mornings. I live for mornings. Particularly, Spring mornings. We got the boys off to school and then Ellie and I took over the front porch. I cut some fresh iris for my side table, ate my breakfast, and enjoyed my coffee, followed by reading my Bible and journaling. 

It was the perfect cap to a full weekend of work, church, and family time.

No comments:

Post a Comment