When I was little (i.e. younger) I distinctly remember hearing words like "as you get older time only goes faster". It wasn't that I didn't believe the folks who were saying this, it's just that at such a young age I couldn't comprehend how that was possible. As a young wife, mom, teacher, and friend I am finding that life is busier than ever and it is increasingly difficult to have time "down" time.
I feel like I've been running a non-stop life marathon the last two months. Since school has begun I just can't seem to catch up to find a place to slow down. I told Casey last night I'm going to do my darnedest (pronounced darn-dest) to make every evening of next week un-scheduled. As of today, it looks like that's actually going to happen.
Over the last couple of weeks, as I've been neglecting my dear bloggers, we went camping with friends, drove to watch our softball players win the regional tournament, worked concession for our volleyball regional tournament (which was also won by our lovely Bruins), participated in OWU's homecoming gathering, spent an entire weekend working on the house getting last little projects finished up so it would be ready for appraisal (while Gabe spent the weekend at Grami and Papa's), spent an evening at that awesome park in Owasso, and traveled to Oklahoma City for the state softball tournament (where unfortunately our girls lost out in the first two games). This weekend we'll be traveling to mom and dad's for Maple Leaf Festival fun in Baldwin City, and Monday I'll be traveling back to Oklahoma City for a Business Professionals of America conference with some students from school. Are you exhausted yet?
Next week is my school's fall break so Gabe and I will be enjoying some time together on Thursday and Friday while Casey's at work and I'm off for the day. Then, Saturday our young adult group is meeting up at a local pumpkin patch for some fall fun.
You aren't going to be very happy with me, but I'm going to end this post without photos. Eek! Sorry!
I really wrote this post so you wouldn't think I fell off the face of the earth and to record some cute Gabe-isms.
So, here are some recent Gabe-isms.
When Gabe wants held, picked up, or taken out of a seat he says, "Com'ere".
When Gabe does something that he knows should have hurt but it really didn't (example...yesterday he bonked his head on a bleacher, but not hard enough to hurt) he'll walk over to me look up with his pretty little sad face and say, "Tiss? Tiss? (kiss?)." And, I'll lean down and kiss his precious little head and he'll reply, "All better."
If we begin singing the alphabet Gabe will sometimes say very quickly as if it's one word, "abcdefg!".
When he goes up a big series of steps he'll count them...."Three, five....three, five....three, five!".
Sometimes he'll randomly sing "Jesus Loves Me", but the only word he knows is Jesus, so it just sounds like, "Jesus....Jesus....Jesus....Jesus".
At meal times and bed times when we begin to pray sometimes after we say "Heavenly Father", or "Dear Jesus", or however we choose to begin Gabe will say, "Amen!" before there's even a prayer spoken.
And, lastly, Gabe is very well attached to his bull. When Gabe was born, Uncle Daniel bought him a longhorn bull and Gabe loves, loves that bull. He cuddles and kisses it, he rides it like a horse using the horns as reins, and he says goodbye to it each morning as we leave for daycare. "Bye bull!"
It is so fun having Gabe. Each day he grows and learns and we're amazed at the interactions we get to have with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment