Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Tulsa State Fair: Part 2

It's 9:45 here, and we arrived home from Nikki's parents' lakehouse just in time to leave again for our Dave Ramsey course at church. So, this evening's post is going to be long on photos and short on words.

Gabe LOVED the Disney On Ice Show. When we arrived at the expo center he spotted the Mickey paraphenilia right away. I would have been happy to buy him a memento had they not been so outrageously expensive. A six inch tall, two inch wide Mickey doll was $15. A small plastic cup with Mickey's face on it...was $20!  Insane!

Past all the over priced toys there was a cardboard cut out of Mickey and Minnie where kids were posing for photos. I had my camera handy, so I thought we'd take him up there and snap a few shots and decline the professional photographer's shots. Didn't happen. If you stood in front of the board you paid for it. So, we found a non-manned ice cream cooler with a Disney On Ice banner painted on it. Gabe's reaction when we walked over was priceless. I wanted him to stand in front of it and face me but all he wanted to do was turn around and grin like a fool pointing and calling out, "Mih-yee Mouse!".

We had great seats and Gabe sat happily for the entire two hour show staring, pointing, laughing, clapping, and staring some more. It was one of those major awe, trance-like stares.

Casey and I had so much fun watching him enjoy the show. It was well worth the money and all the mishaps along the way getting to the show.


Wait....is that who I think it is....?!


Oh, goodness....IT IS!!


"Mih-yee Mouse!"


Ok, I'll pose now.


Whoops. Result of packing no diapers....


The show is on....YAY!!


Focused, amazed, awed.


Really in awe....


Can't take his eyes off the show.


Mih-yee and Minnie!


He was so very excited.


Getting a little tired, but still watching.


Staying focused an hour in...


Hey, hey buddy...can you look at me?


Apparently not.


Still happy to be there.


Never did lose his focus.


More of the same.


Don't they make a cute couple?


Snack time.


Another cute couple.


Eating, but not taking his eyes off the show.


Yummy.


And, so very happy.


Dimple, my precious dimple.


That's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment