School is still creating a pretty chaotic schedule for me and Casey. His programming class is kinda sorta kicking his butt this semester which means extra long hours of homework just about every night of the week to be sure he can learn the material and complete the assignments correctly by the deadline.
If it makes you feel any better, I haven't taken time to craft anything lately either. Although, the sewing machine is getting pulled back out today for a special gift I'm making.
Yesterday was Casey's 31st birthday. Happy birthday Babe! Oh, and by the way....the fridge is broken. It was a rough day to say the least for him. Fortunately, we got to end it on a really great note with supper at Rib Crib and then cake with friends at our house.
Today he's back at the homework grind and I am busy editing photos and writing a post just for you!
Way back in August, before school started we made one last summer trip to Mom and Dad's for wedding showers. While we were there, we partook in the great tradition that is the Osage County Fair in Overbrook, Kansas. We arrived in town on Friday just in time to head to the parade. Unfortunately so did the thunderstorms. It poured somethin' fierce while we were there. A kind man allowed us to stand under his porch where it was dry. Amazingly, some floats and cars rode on even through the rain. Bryson stayed out by the road and collected a great big loot of candy because much of the crowd left when the rain began.
I was super disappointed in the rainy version of the parade so we went back Saturday night for a dry round two. It was a much better experience and since it wasn't pouring we also shared in a heap of funnel cake, a corn dog, and sno-cones....all fair must haves.
It had been several years since we'd made it back for the fair and it felt so good being there with my home community and all those folks I grew up with and love but rarely get to see anymore. Not everybody's cut out to love the small town atmosphere, but I know I definitely am.
Enjoy the photos!
See that cute gal in blue?
She's my grandma.
Notice the cool red plaid with the KState hat?
That's my uncle, my mom's brother.
It's raining, it's pouring...
but we love our annual parade and we're gonna stick it out!
Taking shelter under the eaves.
Gabe was not happy about the rain and thundering business.
My home church float.
A tribute to an awesome elderly couple.
Better pictures in the next post of this float.
Look Ma! No hands.
The poor little guy was clutching on for dear life.
Bryson, Dad, and Jerad scoring all the candy.
A League of Their Own.
Very cute float idea.
Gabe, Great Grandma, and Bryson.
I love that lady.
Thanks Gabe for smiling so nicely.
Really.
For the next post I'll have the pictures of the dry version of the famous Overbrook Osage County Fair Parade.
That is a super awesome picture of the boys and Mom!
ReplyDelete