Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Barrett Five Months

So, I'm two weeks late. At least I got his five month photos done on time.

Barrett is five months!

This past month we have seen a big increase in personality. Little squirt is definitely a momma's boy. However, Daddy does it best when rocking him to sleep at night if he has trouble falling asleep on his own. His smiles and giggles have become abundant and I love them. We still have to work hard for a giggle, he seems to be entertained best by his big brother. No surprise there, right? He has a thing for chewing on his socks and toes. He rolls and rolls both directions. He has no qualms about laying on his tummy anymore. I've been attempting to up his floor time lately to see if we can get anywhere with crawling. As of this week he's got a pretty good inch worm going.

He takes two to three hours naps twice a day in the morning and afternoon and then has a quick catnap in the evening. For the past few weeks he's been waking up anywhere from 1 to 5 am for a "middle of the night" feeding.

He's still breastfeeding like a champ. Love not having to buy formula. He really didn't catch on to eating cereal in his fourth month like I thought he would. Last night, however he gobbled up a bowl of the cereal swallowing it all without trouble. And, he was just a little upset when it was all gone. I gave him the cereal at supper time and he slept from 8:30 to 7:00 am! So, hopefully this will become his new routine and he'll have enough calories in him to last through the night from now on.

He took his first trip to Silver Dollar City this month, on his five month birthday. He spent much of the time bundled beneath a layer of blankets as it was really cold.

As he ages I am reminded how very blessed I am to be home with him each day. By this time in Gabe's life I was back at school and missing out on a big portion of his day. Being home with both boys is still as much of a joy as I thought it would be. Maybe more.

When we had our photoshoot this month the little stinker again refused to cooperate for the camera, unless I was behind it taking the photos. So, you get two. One which shows what we call a "Momma love fest" and the best photo I could get with me in the picture also. The "Momma love fest" happens when I talk real sweet to him and he just gets this grin that grows and grows and grows. But, I need eye contact for that to happen, which is difficult to do if you're holding him in front of you facing out.


 


Bloopers from the photo shoot in the next post. P.S.---it's nap time and Barrett just woke up so this is not proofed. My apologies for any errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment