Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A Day in the Life

Want to see what a typical day around here looks like now?

Yes? Oh, good.


A little squirrel watching.

Hmm...that's a lot darker than I wanted it to be.

Oh, this sweet boy.

*sigh* This sweet boy too.

Dang that dimple. Suckers me EVERY. TIME.

This was a shot taken by Gabe. 
We counted seven squirrels chowing on pecans.

Still a lip sucker.

My little Schroeder (minus the piano).
No. I don't see that mess.
Or, that naked Barbie.



Love.

I have been practicing more and more putting my camera in manual mode. I've also been trying to catch the boys in more natural states. I love me a big CHEESE picture, but I also love these quiet photos, like the one above where Gabe is reading, or the one where he's looking out the window sucking on that bottom lip of his. Gabe is goofy for sure. But, this is the other side of Gabe, one I rarely photograph, the serious side of Gabe. Our days are loud now that I have two full time kids in care and two more two days a week (so that makes six children on Mondays and Wednesdays...three of which are under one year of age). I cherish these quiet moments with the boys. I appreciate them and all hope of doing anything for myself during the day is out. Oh, well. I'm still at home. I'm still getting to experience my boys 24/7 and I am grateful the Lord has provided for us in this way.

And, let's talk about that mess you see that I don't. This little area is in our living room behind the couch. We call it the play area. At least seven times a day I tidy it up, putting everything back in its place. I like looking at a picked up, tidy space...however with anywhere from two to six children in the house during the day I can't always keep it picked up. I'm learning to be okay with that. It's sort of the reason we have the area in the first place. I wanted a spot "out of sight" that the kids could wreck during the day. I always put it back together before bed (okay...confession...sometimes I do it right before kids arrive at 7 in the morning). The point is...it looks like a big mess, but I can have it looking mighty fine in about three minutes.

Blogging again is feeling good. Here's to hoping I'll keep it going. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment