Ellie is now 7 months! I am in complete denial about this. She does not look like any 7 month old I've ever raised. This makes it very easy to live in denial about her age and ever closer creep to 1 year.
At 7 months, an infant doesn't typically see her pediatrician, however thanks to her inadequate weight gain, Ellie did. She gained 1 pound between six and seven months of age. Her ped was quite pleased with this gain, as was I.
Ellie now eats solids at three meals a day. She begins with rice cereal at breakfast, then a fruit or veggie serving and rice cereal at lunch, and for supper one fruit and one veggie, or two servings of either. She is loving solid food. She turns her nose up at just about everything on the first try, but after three or four servings of the food she's just fine eating it. We've introduced prunes to her diet and it has helped tremendously with her constipation issues.
She can sit up unsupported and I've seen her get up on all four a couple of times, but so far isn't showing much interest in crawling. She enjoys her exersaucer and jumperoo. She prefers to be up checking things out instead of laying on the floor (hence the slow to crawl).
In the middle of this month she got hit with both a sinus infection and a skin infection. She was pretty miserable, but still managed to keep a sweet demeanor and she bounced right back after a couple days of antibiotics. And, finally! she has outgrown the evening fussy hour she's had for months.
She moved up in clothing size and I did a big cleaning and reorganizing of her closet to put away all three month and newborn clothing.
Ellie is pretty laid back and goes with the flow around here. She doesn't really have much of a choice with as much as we've got going on. Our family is busy, and my days are full caring for my children and daycare children. I am so grateful for her easy attitude!

No comments:
Post a Comment