Last night the boys spent the night on Gabe's blow up mattress. He got the mattress at Christmas. Two actually. One from aunt Suzanne and one from Grami. Seeing them sleep together on that twin blow up mattress was so cute. I opened their door and just stared at them for five minutes. I wanted to take a photo, but didn't want to risk waking them.
Barrett will turn anything. ANYTHING. Into a gun. Graham crackers, blocks, sticks, silverware, my kitchen rug, crayons, train track pieces, HALF A SHEET OF A PAPER TOWEL.
Barrett still says "Hold you." He usually wants to "hold you" when you're busy doing something else. It's impossible to tell him no.
Lately he only refers to Ellie as Miss Ellie. He loves to go into her room in the morning when she wakes and sing the ABC song to her.
Gabe's gap smile is adorable. His looks are changing so fast. Too fast. He has mastered the first grade first quarter sight word list. He loves to read books.
Ellie is about as easy going as they get. Except for about an hour each evening when if she's not getting one on one mommy time she's downright peeved.
On Mondays Casey lets me sit in my room...ALONE...after supper and until the kids go to bed. I love him for this (and a million other things). It's why I have the space to put together this quick phone post.
Ellie goes to town grabbing the cereal puffs but once she gets them in her mouth she gags on them and spits them out. I don't think she likes how they taste.
She has begun to giggle. It's my favorite sound. She talks a lot too. I'm completely amused by her sassy tone that shines through in her babbles.
All the kids are fighting colds. I feel like they've been fighting them all winter. We're ready for spring. Gabe keeps telling people he can't wait for spring. "Know why?", he says, "Cause you can go swimming in spring and we live next to the school and the school is next to the pool, which means we can go whenever we want!"
Ha! Is he in for a rude awakening. It would be nice to go more often than we did last Summer.
Well, there's really no way to tidy up this random post...so...
The End.








No comments:
Post a Comment