Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Woolaroc/Family Visit

Happy late Thanksgiving!

This year we stayed in town for Thanksgiving to celebrate with Casey's family. His brother and family made the trek up from Alabama early in the week and we spent a ton of quality time hanging with them and letting the kids play together.

This was also the first year since I've known Casey that he had the same days off for Thanksgiving that I had...and paid days off to boot! So, we took advantage of our Wednesday off together and the whole Smith/Danel clan went out to Woolaroc for the day.

On this visit, Casey's mom bought lunch for everyone at the concession stand after we toured the museum, played in the Little Town, and visited the animals in the petting zoo. The kids were really well behaved for being so little and thoroughly enjoyed "feeding" the buffalo at lunchtime.


First stop...elk herd.


Abby, Gabe, and Jacob





Deliriously excited.


I'm driving!



Sweet boys.


Sweet cousins.


Casey's brother, Will and family.


My family. :-)


Grandparents and grandkids.


In the museum.


Feeding the "buffalo".


His mouth was a motion sensored vaccum.
Gabe didn't like him at all.


Coming down from the lookout tower.


Gabe, Jacob, and Abby. Will in back.



Big Papa. I wish the trees weren't leafless.
It sort of takes away from the vastness of his rack.


The Festival of Lights is on at Woolaroc now so we may be making a trip back soon to see all the lights. That is if my body will ever get straightened out. I'm happy to report I'm doing much better with the nausea these days. However, just about the time it ended cold season descended upon our house and I missed work Tuesday and Wednesday with one of the nastiest colds I've had in a long time. Gabe's had a rough go of it too, but thank goodness he's nearly back to normal.

And, (knock on wood) Casey hasn't caught it yet. He's been busy wrapping up his fall semester assignments and preparing for finals week which started this week. He plans to take the last two finals he has Thursday and Friday so think really good thoughts for him. He especially needs a good grade on his programming final, which has been a particularly difficult class this semester. After this semester we're looking at just one year to graduation. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment