Leading up to his sixth month here are some milestones he reached...he began sitting up unsupported, he was rolling all over the place, and he sleeps mostly on his tummy, although he's laid down on his back to sleep.
He still adores his big brother. Gabe can often be found trying to comfort Barrett at bed time. And, by comfort, I mean jumping in the crib with him to play.
Leading up to his sixth month he partook in his first Thanksgiving. He filled up on breastmilk and rice cereal. Couldn't even button his pants by the end of the day...wait that was me. ;-)
At his six month appointment he was lucky enough to get four shots and I got a scolding for not giving him vitamin D drops. Apparently, mothers who breastfeed lack in vitamin D and babies need vitamin D so their bones don't turn to rubber. My opinion is that Gabe did just fine without them, but after Dr. McQ's guilt trip I went to the store that day and bought the stinkin' vitamin D drops. I gave them to him religiously for about a week. He gets them every once in a while now when I remember. Just keepin' it real here folks.
He weighed in at a whopping 16 lbs. and 7 oz. and measured 28 inches long. These measurements keep him in the 95th percentile for height and 50th percentile for weight. At this stage in Gabe's life he weighed 16 lbs. 8 oz. and measured 27 3/4" long. So, they're pretty much neck and neck for size. Barrett is wearing anything from 6 to 9 month clothing depending on the style and wearing a size 3 in shoes, when he wears them (which is rarely).
He is still riding in and being transported around in his infant carrier. I still haven't left him in the church nursery on Sundays. He goes to big church with us and usually naps through the service.
And, now on to the picture of the month. And, of course you'll get another next week when he turns seven months.
It was fortunately still warm enough to get that white onesie on him for the pictures. I'm thinking we're not going to be so lucky for his seven month photo. The forecasters are still calling for snow next week.

Hi! I am laughing because I get the vitamin d talk each time too. I always feel like breastfed babies get everything they need so why bother but our doctor feels otherwise. I have yet to cave but feel a bit guilty about it. Ha. : )
ReplyDelete