Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Friday, August 16, 2013

Gone Fishin', Again and Again

We went fishing TWICE this week already, maybe more by the time this post goes to press. When you live on the lake and you have a knack for ignoring the chores needing to be done inside, going fishing becomes quite convenient and easy.

Sunday night we put Barrett to bed first and took Gabe out. He lasted approximately twenty minutes before he got bored and decided being at Uncle Charlie's house would be more fun. The second night Gabe lasted about ten minutes before he headed to Uncle Charlie's. Fishing takes patience, a skill our four year old obviously only has in tiny doses. I was able to catch one decent sized catfish before Gabe ditched us. Barrett stuck it out for about an hour before Casey took him up to the house and put him to bed. Then, he came back and joined me on the shores where we just sat in the calm and quiet enjoying being together.

I am absolutely ready to move on to our own place, but I will miss those evenings along the shoreline when we go.


Gorgeous. Just gorgeous.





He's waving...but I don't know why.

I do know he's pretty adorable there in his daddy's chair.


See my catfish in the mud there?!



He's kinda cute.

Cautious Gabe.

Fearless Barrett.

He was clapping for the fish.
So cute.

Awww... *deep contented sigh*





That's a fish dangling in front of him.

The fish is smaller than he looks.

Casey said it tasted like chicken.
 
JK! He didn't eat the fish.

Sorry, not sorry for bombarding this post with sunset views of the lake. I like them and it's my blog...so I'm going to include them at the risk of boring my readers. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment