Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Thursday, December 26, 2013

An Oklahoma Christmas

This year we rolled in to town just a couple of hours before a nasty ice storm. I fretted all week hoping it would hold off for us, and it did. Will and Bev and all their clan were already there when we arrived. We spent the next three days hanging out together and letting the kids play like crazy. It had been a whole year since our families had been together, so it was very nice spending all that quality time catching up and chatting.

We opened gifts on Saturday morning and the kids were elated to have lots of time together playing with their new toys before we all had to go back to our homes. I didn't have my DSLR yet for these photos. Casey bought an extra inventory deal on a Nikon coolpix camera and let me unwrap after we had gotten on the road for Oklahoma. He didn't want me to have to go through the holidays without a camera. Isn't he sweet? I had a tough time figuring out the settings and getting the camera to focus so I didn't take many pictures and most of the ones I did take are kinda horrible. I really wish I had sat all the kids together for a photo. Those are always fun to look back on. And they've all grown so much since a year ago. We'll have to be sure and get one this summer if we both happen to make it to the 'Ville at the same time.

Gabe and Abby watching Elf together.

Where are your pants young man?!

Abby, Jacob, and Gabe hanging out before breakfast.

Me in my cool jammies and the kids ripping into their gifts.

Barrett playing with a random gun that was not a Christmas gift.

Doodle Magic mat for Gabe.


Matching swords for Jacob and Gabe.








Golf club set for Jacob.

Barrett enjoying what little ones enjoy most...

...empty cardboard boxes.

And a very nice photo of Will. 
LOL

Two Christmas gatherings down...two to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment