Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Friday, December 27, 2013

Moore Christmas 2013

One of my favorite Christmas traditions happens on Christmas Eve when my mom's family gathers to celebrate. A couple of years ago we switched the gathering from Grandma's to Aunt Judy's where there is more space and Grandma doesn't have to worry about getting her house ready for a crowd. The food is light and the family connections are deep. 

We eat early and then all load up for the Christmas Eve service at the tiny Methodist church in Overbrook where I spent my Sundays from 5th grade through high school and some of college. The leadership has changed four times since I stopped attending the church and I thought the pastor this year did a beautiful job putting the focus on the birth of a baby, the birth of Jesus, our Savior.

After the church service we trek back to Aunt Judy's for the opening of gifts. The boys received gifts from Aunt Suzanne, she sure loves to spoil. And Grandma gifted cash to everyone, mine went towards my DSLR, which Amy and Jerad purchased on Christmas Eve so I'd have it for the Christmas festivities.

Wrestling on Christmas Eve. Also a tradition.
Gabe's concentration in this photo is cracking me up.
This would be his 13 year old cousin he's attempting to tackle to the ground.

Rhys, Gabe, and Bryson.

Gabe taking Drew. Trenton taking Rhys. Bryson just trying to get in where he can.

Obviously Trenton's been practicing...

Amber, Susan, Grandma, and Mom opening gifts.

Amy, Kaci, and Dad.
Happier than he looks I'm sure.

Barrett photographing the snowman.





Jake and the Neverland Pirates sail wagon from Aunt Suzanne.

Barrett loving the tractors from Aunt Suzanne.

Shooting cannons from the wagon.
It took him less than ten minutes to lose one of the three cannons.
No big surprise there, right?

One more Christmas to record for the blog and then we'll move on to updates on the boys since it's been forever since I've done one of those posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment