Let's try that again.
Christmas...a time to focus on, remember, and celebrate the birth of a Savior, my Savior, the One who came to save us all.
That's better. :)
I must admit, more often than not, my priorities this Christmas were completely backwards. I spent too many tears crying over not having my own home to decorate as I please, worrying about having enough money for gifts all around, and wishing I had more energy to bake up the special treats I usually do at Christmas time.
It's hard work going against culture and being okay with less at Christmas time. My heart knows all we need is less, but convincing my head that's often worrying about others' opinions to believe the same thing isn't easy.
We had some great conversations with Gabe about the details surrounding Christ's birth. Also, in true Christmas miracle fashion, two days before Christmas Casey just happened to open the right box in the storage trailer and found the Little People Nativity play set we had been trying to find for a month. We did not go crazy with the gift buying this year, but the boys still received more than plenty. We saw lots of family and we had more sweets baked up than we could eat.
I've been saving up cash for nearly a year now, and the cash Casey and I received at Christmas time all went towards purchasing me a new camera. So, for your viewing pleasure....Christmas morning photographed by my new Nikon dslr. I'm still figuring out using it in manual mode, so some of the pictures aren't very well lit, or in focus, but they are a whole lot better than my iPhone!
Opening stocking gifts.
This year the boys used Casey and I's stockings.
Some year I will make stockings for the children.
I will.
Watermelon gum. Gabe's favorite.
Mm-mm orange smiley face fruit snacks.
Everyone's favorites.
Is he really licking me Mom?
Yes, son. He really just licked you.
Duck calls!
More fruit snacks. :-)
Look at that adorable fuzzy hair.
Figuring out his duck call.
A Bucky ship from Jake and The Neverland Pirates...
...just like Isaiah's! is what Gabe said.
Octonauts Gup A, a bath toy for Barrett.
He loved the ship.
A new pillowcase, made by yours truly.
Opening his very first "real" gun.
"Is this a real gun?"
Gabe only asked for two things for Christmas...a bb gun and camo boots. We got him one of the two. I expected big grins and squeals of delight. What we got instead was a confused, and a little bit nervous, four year old wondering why his parents would buy him a "REAL" gun before he had turned five. He and Casey went out shooting and Gabe loved it. Now that he's handled it and used it he's much more comfortable about the idea of owning a "REAL" gun.
More Christmas posts coming soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment