Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Thursday, January 9, 2014

First Haircut for Barrett

At the tender age of 19 months, my baby boy receved his first haircut. After the cut he instantly looked all grown up boy. *sniff-sniff

The masses had been complaining for a while about the length of his hair, particularly the section in the back. Some even went so far as to put it in a ponytail to prove their point. I never disagreed that it was long, I just didn't believe in cutting my baby's hair when he was so very little.

On Christmas Eve, as my gift to everyone, I gave him his first cut. And, of course we photographed the event for preservation purposes. But, first a look at the many times I photographed his adorable lengthy curl in the back.

In October at a flag football game.

Hanging out on the deck. Curly, curly.

Blowing in the breeze.
Headed to visit Uncle Charlie.
He was also airing out a diaper rash.



I miss those curls. I really do.

Adorable.

Getting ready for the cut.
Giving it a good comb.

Well, sorta.


Looks not so cute wet and long.


Adios rat tail!

Hello new big boy haircut.

I did a pretty good job if I do say so myself.

And, now the masses have stopped hounding me to cut the mullet. I didn't cut anything off the top and it's beginning to grow in long now too. It makes an awesome mohawk when it's wet and then keeps its shape after it dries.

I can't imagine how I'll take it if any of my babies are actually born with hair and I have to cut it earlier than 19 months. Gabe was about the same age for his first cut. That first cut of hair just makes them look so much older. It's hard letting go sometimes. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment