I just love the shirts they're wearing. And the ties. Sucker for a boy in a tie.
Barrett's first attempt at a picture alone with Daddy.
And, Gabe...he's always good for a smile.
And, Barrett...he was done.
So, I just let him be done. I'm getting much better about going with the flow of the kids. Barrett's made me that way.
That evening we had my siblings, their families, and my parents over for a delicious supper of Charlie's BBQ chicken pizza. Though technically, this time it was mostly a Casey creation since he seasoned and grilled the meat. That's where the Charlie flavor happens. Casey's is pretty close to Charlie's.
While the men were whipping up the pizzas Mom and I picked a couple ice cream buckets full of cherries from my cherry tree! I have a cherry tree! I pitted and froze two and a half gallons of cherries. My fingernails were stained orange for a week. Can't wait to try my hand at a cherry pie...though I'll have no idea if it actually tastes good or not, as I detest eating cooked fruit...and that rules out most pies.
It was a pretty awesome relaxed evening chatting with family and just hanging out on the deck and in the backyard. We are all incredibly blessed by the dads in our families and it was nice to gather together to celebrate them.
Oh, and want to know what my hard workin' man got for a gift? Of course you do. I bought him a hedge trimmer. Now, before you cringe...I let him pick it out so it wasn't a lame one AND I'll have you know he grinned like a middle school boy sitting next to his first crush as he cleaned up our unruly row of hedges. He went all Tim the Tool Man Taylor on me with an "ARGH, ARGH, ARGH!" as he stood back to admire his handiwork finished with the new power tool.
**pats self on back**
It was a great gift. Thank. you. very. much.
And, now the neighbors won't whisper about how we let the hedges go crazy. They'll be able to focus on other things, like our un-weeded flower beds, and dusty siding, and tall grass....
No comments:
Post a Comment