Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Friday, August 15, 2014

Urine. Breastmilk. Coffee.

Urine, breastmilk, coffee.... Wondering what that's all about? Lemme tell you. 

After a decent night of sleep (only up at midnight, 3, and then 6:00 for the day) I decided to go ahead and get dressed for the day in my "going to town" clothes (Topeka town) as we would be heading for the national guard museum around 9:30. 

And that's where I made my first mistake. Feeling all confident wearing my good clothes before any children were out of bed for the morning. I was feeling extra extra confident after doing the dishes from the night before, starting laundry, making my cup of coffee, and sitting down with a bowl of cereal all before any child woke for the day. 

Silly me. What is it they say in Proverbs? Pride comes before a fall? Yes, yes it does. 

Fast forward ten minutes, the boys wake up before Ellie. Serve breakfast to them, can't believe how awesome my day is going. 

Boys finish breakfast, Barrett wants his socks put on and that's where the trouble begins. He sits on my lap and I feel it. Urine leaking on my pants through his overly full diaper. There's a reason I generally change him immediately upon waking up...today I was reminded of that reason. 

Ellie finally wakes up, I bring her downstairs to nurse. I'm a little full in the breast (sorry if this is tmi for some of my readers...it's just life for me right now) and I leak milk all over my shirt and Ellie's sleeper before she can get a latch. Ugh. 

So I'm sitting there with my coffee, nursing her, thinking over all the things on my to do list when I take a big swig and then get a cough in my throat. And it needs out and now. No waiting to swallow the coffee. So I spew that big drink of coffee all over myself, Ellie, and part of the living room area rug. 

Awesome...just awesome...I get to change my clothes again!

Get us cleaned up, change Ellie into her clothes for the day, decide she's too adorable not to photograph and she's happy so I whip out my phone to capture the cuteness. Gabe requests to be in a photo with her and then next thing you know Barrett wants in on the action, and this happens. 


And all is right with the world again. Just look at these three healthy, beautiful babies. Mom life is messy (and often down right gross) but it is oh, so worth the reward. 

1 comment: