Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Monday, September 14, 2015

Colorado Vacation Day Nine

Technically, it’s Kansas Day 9 and the dreaded drive home when everyone’s seriously exhausted and all I can see ahead is a mountain of laundry and work to do outside once we do get home. Poor Ellie has a skin rash from something…sun, wind, sunscreen, who knows. It doesn’t seem to bother her unless we have to clean her face. Hopefully it’ll clear up soon.

The boys are watching ninja turtles cartoons non-stop and mostly getting along. When we left camp Gabe wanted to know what activity I had planned for the way back home. I laughed and told him mom only planned for the trip out. Sleeping and movie watching it is, pal.

The boys smelling stinky feet to pass the time.
I think they were just a little bit delirious. 

Casey’s still driving. He must have logged over 40 hours of driving these past 8 days. It’s nice having a husband who doesn’t mind doing the driving.

We stopped in Topeka at the mall for lunch. Met our church's new youth pastor in our two day old dirty clothes, and generally camp-y filthiness. Made a wonderful first impression, I'm sure!

So, to recap our little vacation. We had six days of pure fun, two and a half days of traveling, and we can’t wait to do another Summer Colorado vacation in the future.


And, then we were home and the children wasted no time breaking out their old toys while we unpacked.

No comments:

Post a Comment