After some time jumping on the bed and having pillow fights with Daddy, we had pancakes and eggs for breakfast and then got to the chores of the day.
It was perfect...and only at home during the summer are we allowed these lazy mornings.
The sun eventually came out and during naptime I worked in the yard moving fence posts and pickets from what Casey tore out to create a wider gate on the fence. I'll be sure and share pictures from that home renovation project soon. I planted the poor flowers from the hanging basket that fell and broke into a million pieces.
And, after an hour's work outside I still had time to come in and read, except that the book I was going to read was on my Kindle, which refused to power on today. So, I had to take a nap instead. Gee, life is rough. :-)
This evening was actually quite nice, even if it was a little humid, at least it wasn't scorching. Gabe and I swept up the endless supply of pecan tree strings (I don't know if they're seeds, or flowers, or what....but they're brown, ugly, look like worms, and are super thick this year).
Then, it was inside for bath time and bed time.
Today I just enjoyed Gabe, I didn't get the camera out. I didn't get on the computer. The only tv I watched was Good Morning America while we were having pancakes.
So, for those of you who have come to expect photos with each post, these are just for you.

That storm was crazy! It woke me up. Did it wake you up at all?
ReplyDeleteWhat book are you reading?