Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Saturday, June 26, 2010

A Trip to the Tulsa Zoo

Friday morning Gabe and I traveled to Tulsa with friends Nikki Rush, her sister Gina Gammon, and her two kids Hillary (age 6) and Bradley (age 18 1/2 months). Even though we knew the heat would be brutal (a high of 95 degrees) we set out for a day of fun at the Tulsa Zoo.

The zoo wasn't crowded at all and the animals did a nice job of showing themselves right up front despite the blistering heat. The kids were all excited to see the animals, even if Nikki and I were a little un-impressed with the run down features of some of the exhibits.

Adult tickets are $8 a piece, two and under are free, and I'm not sure about kid tickets. Overall I'd give the zoo a two thumbs up for an inexpensive fun experience for the kids. On a cooler day I could have seen the kids really enjoying the pretty large playground they have on site.


The crew of kids....all sunscreened up and ready to go in.





Hillary and Gabe checking out an elephant.





Nikki and the kids hogging the elephant observation deck.





"eluhpuhfunmunaheh-t"
Translation: elephant





"Mommy, look!"





"An eluhpuhfunmunaheh-t!"
Translation: "An elephant!"




It was that hot.




That's a giraffe in the background.





That's Gabe yelling, "Cheese!"





Gina and a happy Bradley.





Pucker up!




Monkey!




Getting friendly with a goat.




Wiped out on the way home.

2 comments: