Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Beautiful Day at Woolaroc Part 2

When you arrive at the museum area there are life size statues of legendary figures everywhere. Some cowboys (one on a horse, one not), a fierce pioneer woman wielding a shotgun, and a naked Native American. We asked Gabe to pose with the "legendary cowboy" and he obliged, but it didn't last long.

In the museum he ran from exhibit to exhibit exploring. Sometimes he would say what it was if he thought he knew. He was especially good at picking out the cows, deer, buffalo, and moose. Other times he would ask, "What's that Mama?" And, I'd have to say something like, "It's a Pioneer Woman...she forgot to button her shirt." Or, "That would be a Native American. They didn't wear shirts." He was very curious about everything but was most excited to see the oil room. In the oil room they have a small airplane suspended from the ceiling and an oil tanker parked in the middle of the room. And, his favorite exhibit was a model of a very old fashioned oil pump that received energy from a natural gas line. He stood and watched that belt go around and around for twenty minutes and he was pretty agitated when we finally pulled him away to move on. I was a little surprised at how intrigued my two year old was with all that was in the museum. Casey chose a painting to discuss in his artifact paper for Humanities and we went on our merry way to the outdoor play area. I'll share photos from the outdoor area tomorrow.

For now, here are our photos from the museum visit. And, if it appears that I used a flash in any of the photos, you're probably mistaken....because flash photography is strictly prohibited inside the museum. And, you know me....I'm a rule follower! (Those last two sentences were meant to be read with dripping sarcasm. If you didn't read them with dripping sarcasm, go ahead and back up and read them again...with dripping sarcsam.)

Climbing up next to the cowboy.


He decided the cowboy was a little too scary.


These are much prettier alive.


"Wheels, Mama!"


Another cow.


Uncle Frank and Aunt Jane Phillips.
The reason for Woolaroc.


"CHEESE!"


Airplane hanging from the ceiling.


An oil pump.


More oil stuff.


Casey: "Gabe, do you see that horseshoe?"


Gabe: "Where?"
Casey pointing: "Right there."


Gabe, moving on: "There's no horse."


THE pump. THE most intriguing pump he's ever seen.




"Look Mama!"


"Ooo, ahhh."


Don't even think about leaving.

And, for tomorrow more Woolaroc fun!

In current news, it is spring break. Yesterday I didn't even get out of my pj's. Gabe and I played and napped all day long. It was glorious. Then, today I got with it. By 10:00 I had made and cleaned up breakfast, washed the sheets on the beds, washed a load of dishes, packed for our time at my mom and dad's, showered, and gotten dressed for the day. With the rest of my morning Gabe and I read stories and enjoyed lunch at Sonic. Hoping for more great spring break time the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment