It's been so long....I doubt anyone even remembers I have a blog anymore. The last post was about Gabe's second birthday. He's been two for a month now. I'd ask "where does the time go?", but I already know the answer.
Here's where the time has gone this last month.
Basketball season
Work
Basketball season
Homework
Basketball season
Church
Lone Star Conference Tournament (the gigantic finish to the basketball season)
And, these are definitely not in my first priority order. But, they do happen to mostly be in order of most time consuming. Notice basketball season is mentioned quite a bit. Last Wednesday we kicked off a NCAA Division II college basketball championship tournament. From Wednesday to Sunday I put in 32 hours on it. And, that's work in addition to my teaching load. I am thankful for the extra funds it will provide for our family, but it has Casey and I seriously considering me quitting that job so I can be more available at home and he doesn't feel so stressed out dealing with Gabe and trying to get all his homework done while I'm working in the evenings.
Yesterday and today I was gone all day to a Business Professionals of America State competition. I had one student compete and he placed 1st in his event, so now the mad dash is on to raise enough funds to travel to Washington D.C. for the national level competition the first week of May. It's an amazing opportunity for my student, but I am both stressed and excited by this trip.
In the meanwhile....Gabe has been growing and talking and growing and whining and growing and learning and growing and throwing tantrums (I know, I know...it's hard to believe that such a sweet boy would be capable of such a thing...we can hardly believe it ourselves...NOT...he is two now ya know) and growing and learning his colors better than ever and growing and saying things like "Sure" and "How about....?(fill in the blank with Mickey Mouse, Word World, Chex Mix, or fruit....his favorite things at the moment)" and "Let's see here.". He is seriously growing like a weed on absolutely all fronts. Somebody, please, make it stop!
Defiant, stubborn, and downright obstinate describe his attitude sometimes. Most times though goofy, cuddly, loving, and sweet are much more accurate descriptions. Dealing with the former is incredibly challenging, but it helps that Casey and I are on the same page about the hows, whens, and whys of discipline. I love having an equal partner in that arena. It doesn't bode well for Gabe---or rather, it does. Discipline is a wonderful trait to learn.
Next week is spring break. Basketball season is officially over and I am going to challenge myself to more frequent/regular blogging. Each day is different and I'm sad that I don't have the time to record it all. However, I'm very glad to be living each day in the life I have!
Just one photo this evening. (Isn't it terrible that I haven't even taken a picture of Gabe in nearly a month?!)
Have a wonderful week! Hope to be writing to you again soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment