Fortunately, we have the BEST next door neighbors in the world. Before Gabe came along I generally just planned to bunker in the main hallway. It's the only place in our house that doesn't have an outside wall. However, I knew in a serious storm (like the one that hit Joplin) just bunkering down in the center of our house would do no good. When I had Gabe I knew I had to have another plan and our neighbors graciously opened their home to us. Even on evenings when they aren't at home they will allow us to shelter in their basement if there's a threat of severe storms. We have sheltered there many times over the last couple of years and fortunately each time neither of our homes sustained any damage. We have lost some massive limbs over the years, and this last go round an entire tree, but we still consider ourselves incredibly fortunate.
Mr. Best-Next-Door-Neighbor has a bazillion fun things in his basement to keep Gabe occupied. He spends the majority of his time checking those things out while I spend the majority of my time praying he doesn't break any of them because they're all those kind of unique irreplaceable type items.
During the last storm Gabe got to ride a bull and horse and Mr. Best-Next-Door-Neighbor also provided him with his very own cowboy hat to wear while he rode. And, Gabe's Bull, which we wouldn't dare leave home without, got to ride a dog.
This one of a kind item was brought back from Iceland.
Take note of Bull in the lower left hand corner. He's riding a dog.
I've never seen a horse like this so small.
Gabe's nearly too big for it,
which of course means it's the perfect size for him.
Take note of the tv in the background with the storm coverage.
And, for tomorrow's post....another snapshot about the BEST next door neighbors in the whole world.
No comments:
Post a Comment