Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

"My" Tractor

If I haven't said it before, I think I should tell you now. We have the world's BEST next door neighbors. The BEST. The next few posts will give you a snapshot into why they are the BEST next door neighbors.

Mrs. Best-Next-Door-Neighbor is a counselor at an elementary school here in town and Mr. Best-Next-Door-Neighbor is retired from ConocoPhillips. Both are great with Gabe and he just absolutely adores them. Just the other morning Gabe was out in the yard while I was sprucing up the front flower bed and when he caught sight of the neighbors he was off and gone following them around their much bigger and much prettier yard.

Mr. Best-Next-Door-Neighbor rebuilt a child's Farmall tractor. I'm not sure exactly how old it is, but it's definitely an antique. The day of graduation he brought it out into the yard so he could take a few pictures of it using Gabe as a child model. Gabe loved it. He doesn't know how to pedal anything yet so he just sat and grinned, or tried his darnedest not to grin or look at the camera.

Nearly two weeks later we took shelter in their basement and as soon as Gabe saw the tractor he called out, "My tractor!" Apparently, there was a miscommunication on his end about just who's tractor it was. We got him squared away about just who's tractor it was (not his).


Hey Gabe....we're up here.


"I know...but it's much more entertaining for me if I don't look at the camera."

"Oh, alright. Just once though. And, I'm not letting go of my lip."


Distracted by a car. Of course.

More on our fabulous neighbors later. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment