Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Friday, August 19, 2011

A Better Back to School Morning

So, yesterday's post pictures were a bit of a downer.

Well, on Thursday morning Gabe was a much happier morning person. So, I took advantage of the opportunity and got some cute, cute photos of my big boy. He looks SO old in these pictures. I am SO NOT ready for when he goes to school.

There's my happy boy!


He was proud to be wearing his bag.


His Grandma Danel bought the moose bag for him in Canada.


On this particular day, Casey got up early enough to cook us eggs, bacon, and toast for breakfast and we enjoyed it together before Gabe woke up. It is a moment I don't take for granted. I know what it's like to live on a different schedule from your spouse and I am very thankful that Casey and I are together so much now. We may not have chosen this path on our own, so we also recognize God is the one that helped us to the path we're on now.

When Gabe and I arrived home from daycare he told me, "I need my bag. I need to wear it so I can get on the bus and go to school."

Um.

NO! NO! NO!

Gabriel. Hear. Me. Now. I am not ready for you to attend school. So put your stinkin' backpack on its hook and forget about it for at least the next twenty years!

Kidding, kidding...

Ten years.

Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment