...a while ago.
It's dead now.
I think.
I think we planted the tree near mid June just as the rains stopped coming and the plants began to look a little desperate. I have had this little maple tree for a year waiting to be planted and actually, I was shocked it survived the winter. One morning I was thinking it was looking particularly wilted and figured it had a better chance of surviving in the ground than in a pot on the porch. So, planted it we did. I was going to dig a hole twice as big as the pot, but I hit solid rock about a foot down, so we just stopped there and planted it. Then, for a couple of weeks we watered it faithfully, then life got in the way and July came with its 100 plus degree days. And, well. I don't think it's going to make it. The grass around the tree however, has never looked better. The rest of the yard...looks pretty bad.
By the way, did you know that Oklahoma set the nation's record for hottest month of temperature averages this July? It did. I was here. I will tell you this comes as no surprise to me. Wanna know who held the previous record? Oh, good. I'll tell you. Oklahoma. It set the last record in 1954. That would have really sucked to live here then. Did they even have air conditioners then?
It was hot the day we planted and I allowed Gabe to run the water hose. He loved it. And, for your viewing pleasure I photographed it all.
That's his working face.
A little closer...pal.
This isn't what it looks like.
Cheese!
Here he started to experiment a little with the water spray.
Getting a little wilder...
Oh, boy. Gettin' just crazy now.
Losin' control.
There we go.
Doh! Gettin' away from him again.
Full face hit.
He's taking it pretty well I'd say.
Notice he dropped the hose aimed at me.
That face.
The lovely colors you see are sidewalk chalk marks.
Regular little nature boy.
School begins one week from today. Eek. So. Not. Ready.
I am determined to crank out a post every day before next Monday. I won't scout's honor, since I'll be quite busy this weekend, but I'll certainly do my best and there will more posts than you've seen over the last month for sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment