Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Captain Random

Captain Random.

It's what I call Gabe.

Because there's no doubt in my mind he is the world's most random kid.

So, in honor of Captain Random...today I'll be sharing two random photos and stories.

A few weeks ago I listed all of Casey's college textbooks on Craigslist in the hopes of getting some money back on our purchases. We've been successful in selling a few, so it was well worth the two hours I spent taking nice photos and writing up detailed descriptions and then posting the ads on the Internet. The day that I took photos I had the books propped up in front of the window to catch some good light for the shots. I left the room for something and when I came back this is what I found. This is not a staged picture. My two year old son actually did this entirely by himself.

On the left is his Miss Spider's New Car book.
On the right is his McDonald's Happy Meal toy camera.


On Sunday, July 31st, my Aunt Debi and Uncle Al lost their house to an electrical fire. I had already had a trip planned to mom and dad's for two days after the fire, so while we were there we helped them to clean out the items from a detached garage that wasn't lost to the fire. Just as we were wrapping things up Gabe tripped on the sidewalk and bloodied up his poor little hands and knees. It was 112 degrees when we got into the truck to leave. It was seriously hot and you can see that all over Gabe's sooty, sweaty little face.




Back to school week #2 begins tomorrow. Gabe's been doing a fabulous job keeping up with his potty training. We haven't had an accident during the day for a few weeks now. He still wakes up wet from his nap and after a night of asleep, so we haven't even attempted big boy underwear at those times yet. I'm extremely happy with the progress he made this summer and I can now leave the house confidently without diapers. In the beginning it felt like the days would forever be filled with changing wet pants and cleaning up messes, but thankfully they didn't. I can trust that he'll tell me when he needs to go and we'll have time to get to a bathroom before he goes.

And, that wraps up my random post. Hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment