Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

World Famous Topeka Zoo Then and Now

This is just too fun for me. I'll be sharing then and now photos of our visit to the World Famous Topeka Zoo. "Then" was three years ago when Gabe was just five weeks old. It was March of 2009 and a little chilly and nothing had bloomed for spring yet. "Now" was in June of 2012 when Barrett was just four weeks old. It was blazin' hot, but at least all the trees were pretty and green.

Gabe in the stroller, snoozing way back in 2009.

Barrett snoozing in the stroller.

Casey, Gabe in his arms, and a tiny 18 month old Bryson in front.
Take note of the background in construction.

And, three years later...a big kid
and a completed habitat in the background.

Barrett's turn with Daddy on the lion statue.

Gabe and Casey in 2009, the sign says caution 6'3" clearance.

The sign got a fence! And my baby Gabe is a big boy!

Baby Gabe eating in the cave of the Lion exhibit.

A big Gabe checking out the lions.


Checking out the zoo's gorilla.

Feeding Gabe breastmilk in a bottle 
in the orangutan exhibit three years ago.

Feeding Barrett outside the orangutan exhibit.
The exhibit was under construction this time around.
And, I wasn't pumping breastmilk yet, so Barrett's getting it fresh.

Really  boys? That's the best you've got?

Family picture with Gabe three years ago.
Didn't get a family picture this time around. Bummer.

Gabe at the new penguin exhibit.
(which was entirely too small and dirty in my opinion)

Gabe checking out the tiger.

Wait a minute...I know that animal!



He's so funny.

Be. the. bear.

Oh, dear.
At least he gives me a fair amount of
great pictures to go along with these crazy ones.

And, we finished up this year's trip in the park,
playing on the concrete animals.

Do you know what else I love about this post? I didn't have a blog when we went the first time around, so now I get to blog with those old pictures and years down the road I don't have to hear Gabe say "But, where's my first trip to the zoo blog post?" He's got one now.

No comments:

Post a Comment