Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day 2014 Part 1 of 2

Mother's Day 2014 started out oh so sweetly. Gabe was up at about 6:45 to give me my surprise gift he made at school earlier in the week. For three days he kept "the secret" about what was in the big yellow envelope. It was a painting of hand print flowers in a scrapbook paper vase on poster paper. Very cute. 

On Sundays we're usually up shortly after 7 to get ready for church. Barrett joined us shortly after Gabe woke up and while Casey pampered himself in the bathroom I took on the duty of dressing the boys. I picked out the cutest outfits (same ones from Easter) and that's when things began to go downhill. Gabe didn't want his top button buttoned, Barrett didn't want any clothes on at all, and before 7:30 my patience with their shenanigans was shot. I was short with them and it was ugly. So, what better idea than to take all that out on the porch for nice mother's day pictures just after breakfast?

Ha. Awful idea. Gabe was great, Barrett continued to be his obstinate self. I didn't even know Casey had snapped any photos, but he got one "great" one before I got up and said, audibly, so that my oldest could question why I said it and what does it mean, "Screw it." and got up to get in the van for church. Just how every family likes to start their day...with a grumpy mom.

This photo really says it all.
The frustration in my face.
Barrett obviously looking to push away from me.
Oy.

So, away we went to church. I dropped Barrett off in the nursery and he threw a lay on the floor and go limp fit over being left there and my awesome morning continued. 

Fortunately, he was all smiles after church and I had an opportunity to turn my own attitude around and we had a pleasant ride back home. Since we were all in a better mood we decided to go for pictures again. This time around was MUCH more productive.

Awww...giving mommy hugs.
Since looking at the camera and smiling is out of the question.

Who wants to guess who thinks he's in charge?

My Gabe, sweet and silly.
Top button unbuttoned.

Aw, and my one and only, he really does love me, Barrett.
Daddy did a good job snapping quick.

It looks like I'm scolding, but I wasn't.
I was leaning in for kisses and he was like, "no."

Then there's my sweet Ellie, always cooperative.


My awesome mother's day gift...a hammock!
It is hands down the best mother's day gift Casey's ever given.
I do have to have help getting in and out at this stage, 
but I still love it!

Just awesome.

After having lunch with some of the ladies from mom's side of the family we spent a couple hours just Casey, me and the boys hanging out on the porch while I tried out my gift. The weather was perfect, the boys had some quality play time, and I was completely relaxed. It was a stark contrast from how the day had begun. After relaxing on the porch we went inside to start preparations for a Mother's Day supper with my siblings, parents, and Grandma Moore. More of that in the Part 2 post.

No comments:

Post a Comment