It was a delicious supper of grilled meats and typical summer sides...sweet corn, fried taters on the grill, and pork and beans followed by hot apple crisp and blackberry cobbler made by Mom. Afterwards, we snapped a few photos, but it was almost dark so there is a strange blue tint on the photos I'm not too pleased with. But, if you can get past the strange tint the photos turned out pretty awesome and I'm sure it's been years since just we four siblings have had a picture with mom.
So thankful we had Grandma join us.
Those boys. They think they're so funny.
Aww...what a good looking crew.
And, then there's that.
You're welcome for keeping the photos g-rated on the blog.
Thanks to a brother who likes to show off his bare tush...they weren't all g-rated on the disk.
All in all it was a great day being with family and appreciating the special moms in our lives. I'm not a fan of the commercialization of holidays like mother's day or father's day and it makes me so happy to be able to enjoy simple things like family meals and quality time spent together on these days.
I'm grateful to be a mom and I'm grateful to have an awesome mom to learn from. And, she has an awesome mom teaching her! Sometimes being a mom feels like a chore, but more often it's joy-filled and I wouldn't want to be doing anything else with my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment