Here's the thing though...we are living a really, really, REALLY good life. You are an incredible joy to have in our family and I cherish every day with you. And I do get to spend every day with you. And your brothers. And my daycare kiddos.
You are nearing six months (in just four days) I am completely in love with the personality you are becoming. The smiles are sweet, the sassy-ness is comical, and you remain tiny on the height and weight scale so it's really easy to be in denial about just how old you are!
When you look at me there is so much love and admiration. I eat it up. Everybody else does too. You turn on the charm for just about anyone. Though a couple a weeks ago you did have a bout of stranger danger issue and cried and cried over Grami and Great Grandma Moore holding you. And then you did it again to Uncle Charlie. You two are better buds now. You like his beard and everybody else's beards and chins.
Lately you are also infatuated with your hands. It's so cute. It's like you're seeing them for the very first time, but they've been there all along.
We have been trying and trying to get you to giggle. You've been doing this gargly thing with your throat when you're amused and "laughing" but just last night you gave us a half true giggle sound. Can't wait to hear more.
A couple months ago you had your first overnight at Grami's. Mommy and Daddy went on a much needed date night. Prior to the date you had been sleeping through the night for about two weeks. I thought you were finally ready. Then, the night before our date you woke up hungry in the middle of the night. Guess you decided it was a fine time for a growth spurt. I told Grami to get some cereal for you to boost your calories before bed in an effort to help you sleep through the night. She did and it worked and she didn't take any pictures of your first bowl of cereal. So, the next day we faked like it was your first bowl and took a bunch of photos and video. You still really like cereal. Since then you've tasted pumpkin thanks to some well meaning relatives at Thanksgiving and had banana a few nights ago at Grami's. You like it all.
You travel easy and that's so nice because you and I are on the go a lot evenings and weekends. You're flexible with your sleep. We try to keep you on a routine, but it's no big deal if we get off of it for part of a day. You go to bed at 8 each night and sleep until 9 or 10 the next morning. It's awesome. Then you'll take a nap at noon and sleep until 3 or 4. And still go to bed happily at 8. I am so thankful for your sleeping patterns. There is a fussy period from about 6:30 to 7:30 every night though. You don't need to eat, you're not really sleepy, you want to be held, but it just doesn't do it for you...it's just a fussy time.
The boys adore you. Barrett loves you, he really does...even if he did try to check your tonsils out with an extended tape measure yesterday morning. Gabe wants to hold you and he's great at entertaining you if you're a little fussy while I finish something up.
Here are some catch up pictures since I've missed the last three months' individual posts.
All dressed up and ready for church.
Grami crocheted those flowers on your headband.
The week the Royals went to The World Series.
They lost Game 7.
There you are eating cereal with us for the first time.



No comments:
Post a Comment