Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Ellie 6 Months

Ellie turned six months on December 20. December is just about as crazy as crazy gets around here. I'm going to do my best to recap 6 months for Ellie.

I'll start with her 6 month check up. She weighed in at just 12 lbs. 5 oz. Her doctor told me this placed her in the -11th percentile. I just checked her chart again though, and actually that number put her in the 1st percentile for weight for age. I'm not sure why he told me -11 in office.

Regardless, this low weigh in earned her a return trip one month later to check her weight again. Her official diagnosis is inadequate weight gain. Her doctor was only mildly concerned because she's hitting all other developmental milestones right on schedule. At home she sleeps normally, eats normally, is a happy, healthy, but tiny baby. The goal between six and seven months was to gain 10 grams a day (whatever that means in American terms). At the re-check for weight she had gained 12 grams a day over the previous month, so we're back to regular preventive care appointments and she is currently in the 5th percentile for weight.

She measured 25.5" in length...which is the 12th percentile for her age. She's just a tiny girl all around.

At six months of age she's got a happy personality, will go to just about anyone, except for my poor, sweet Grandma Moore. She's got major stranger danger there. She's still loving sucking on her thumb. And she is a super sleeper. Goes to bed at 8 pm, gets up around 9 am, and then has a long afternoon nap anywhere from 3 to 4 hours. She still has a fussy hour every evening around 6 pm. Nothing soothes her. It's a frustrating time for her and the rest of us. She's starting to use objects to stand against. I honestly think she might walk before she crawls. She's showing zero interest or advancement in crawling.


I'm so glad she's headed in the right direction in weight gain. And I love the joyful personality she has. She is my sweet Ellie girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment