Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Monday, December 15, 2014

Shower for Baby Tasker

One of my Oklahoma best friends, Nikki, is soon going to add her first baby, a sweet girl, to her family. I am overjoyed for her to have this experience. Buying things for her shower I was feeling all giddy thinking...it's happening...Nikki's going to have a baby! I can hardly believe the time is this near. Nikki has been throwing showers for nearly ten years for others first wedding showers, and then baby showers and I'm just so happy it's her turn now to be showered.

In pink sparkly fashion we took some time this weekend to honor Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz (Or some combination thereof) Tasker. ;) The Taskers aren't sharing her name until she's born. Can't wait to hear what they've chosen!

Here are some snapshots of the shower.

Looking beautiful with that growing girl!


Renana and Anastasia (Nana and Stay) put together this awesome bow making station.

Peggy taking part in a shower game.

Hillary and Bradley drawing their version of Baby Tasker.

Grandma Judy (Andy's mom)

And the pink. All the pink clothes.




There's Ellie, who's currently infatuated with her own hands.

Adorable cupcakes by the talented Rebekah Dorris.

Friends making bows for the baby.

Becca Thomas helping herself to some of the food and drink spread.






Hot chocolate station.
That silhouette is of Nikki and Baby Tasker!





Some of baby's score.

More of baby's score.

Nikki and her momma, the lovely Sylvia.

Love these girls.

When I moved away from Bartlesville I remember one of the (many) things I cried over was missing out on Nikki's first baby (more than a year before she was even pregnant!). I'm so glad that we can still be in frequent contact thanks to the gift of technology and that I only moved three hours away so going to visit her brand new baby won't be a terribly long drive.

Nikki your baby is blessed to be yours and I know you will be a mom pro! Also, if you wanted to share her name early...I wouldn't mind. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Awe thanks Julie! Pretty sure you will still have to wait on that name though! ��

    ReplyDelete