It's more than a simple ceremony for Casey and I. Before we had children we knew our top priority would be to train them up with a Biblical worldview and hopefully create in them a desire to know God personally and to surrender their lives to Him.
How's that for a big challenge?
It's big. And that is why the dedication ceremony is such an important one. It's the day we stand together with our pastor, local church, and family and we all agree to do what we can to train up our children in the ways of God. I am so grateful to be in a church where I feel confident partnering with them in this journey. Pastor Tim wrote Ellie a letter to be read when she turns 13. It's sealed. I can't wait to read it. And, yet...I can. Gabe will be 18 and a high school graduate when she's 13! Oh gosh. That's enough of that line of thinking.
I had a special dress I was saving for Ellie to wear. Her Uncle Charlie and Aunt Kaci bought it for her when she was born. She looked beautiful.
Sitting with Grami before service started.
Barrett entertaining himself.
Daddy helping Gabe get his tie on...
...so that he could look nice NOT standing with us.
They put pictures of Ellie on the big screen for everyone to see.
That one on the screen now is my favorite.
Pastor Tim praying over our Ellie.
We are so grateful for his leadership!
The best family picture we could get.
Love that Ellie's feet are just hanging out on Barrett's head.
This next part is for Ellie.
Ellie-girl, you sweet daughter, have been prayed for since the moment we knew you were alive in my tummy. Mommy and Daddy love you so much that we want to intentionally teach you about the Bible, about God, about Jesus and how much He loves you...much more than we do. You have a sweet and sassy personality. You are content being around people and especially in someone's arms. You show no favoritism in your affection and give even strangers big, bright smiles. You are a joy to have in our family. I know God has a plan for your life. He knew you before we did. I pray as you grow that Daddy and I would do our very best to show you God's love and to lead you to Jesus.
Love, Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment