It's still not finished.
I actually wrote in the middle of one of my to do lists...."do something fun". So that I would remember to stop and enjoy at least part of the busy weekend. And, truthfully speaking getting things done and improving the appearance of our living quarters is doing something fun and I enjoy immensely the satisfaction of having been so productive.
I've also been collecting items for weeks (well, months really) for our annual yard sale, which will be held this Friday and Saturday. Casey and I have combed every room of our house cleaning out stuff. And, holy crap.....have we got a lot of crap. Okay, so it's not really all crap it's just not wanted or needed at this house anymore. I'm hoping a gigantic crowd of people will flow through our lawn and driveway buying up all the little treasures we have for sale. My mom and sister are coming in to town as reinforcements and thank God for them. I've been trying to be better at being well prepared for this sale by marking and sorting items well, so that has well eaten up every evening of my week, and will eat up the rest of the evenings left in this week. Hopefully it will be worth the effort.
I would love to take the revenue from the garage sale and put it towards a new living room set. Ours is going south quick. I wish I had known when we bought it what poor quality it was. Live and learn I guess.
In Gabe developments, he recently bit another child (very sorry about that!), uses words for everything (even if it's the wrong word), and has begun putting words together to form sentences (sentences like "I want drink or his favorite "I want guh-ulk" meaning I want milk). Apparently the "m" sound is a little challenging for him when followed by "ilk". No other time does he have an issue with it. He loves to play games with us by calling our names repeatedly just to see if we'll say "what?" a thousand and twenty-three times. His balance and strength is gaining quickly (so is his independence which really drives me crazy, especially in grocery store parking lots.....listen to me people......if you see a woman carrying a screaming toddler through the parking lot it's probably because he wants to run by himself and his momma ain't havin' it.....so quit staring and mind your own business, thank you very much!).
Which reminds me of another funny story. I drive through a residential neighborhood after dropping Gabe off at daycare and yesterday as I was driving through at a whopping 30 mph (5 mph over the speed limit) an old lady walking on the sidewalk actually stopped, looked right at me, pointed her finger at me and shook her head as I drove past. I had know idea old people had built in radar detectors. And, I'll freely admit that sometimes I can have a lead foot, but I swear to you it was 30 in a 25. Can somebody really tell that much difference in 5 mph?
Okay, must wrap things up now that it's 11:46 pm and my day begins again at 6 am. Don't expect another post until after our garage sale is through. Hopefully I'll have wonderful news raving about its success.
Here are some photos from the day we started working on the hallway. Casey is measuring for trim. Gabe being a great audience and I'm....well, I'm....you know, taking pictures, doing laundry....avoiding trim work....it's really not my thing.
Oh, hallway...I despise your un-finished-ness.
The Peanut Gallery
Aye-aye-aye, renovations again?
If you're in the 'Ville send everybody our way to purchase "treasures" at our yard sale Friday and Saturday.
Everything must go!
You are driving in Woodland people are really picky around here. We got in trouble for our boat being in the driveway.
ReplyDeleteHoney, on the car the speedometer is 4 mph off so that means you were only going 26 mph.
ReplyDelete