Okay, so that's not a new thing. As a matter of fact, that's getting to be a pretty old thing. My electric bill this month was the highest it's ever been in the history of my paying an electric bill and I expect that next month it will be even higher. I know every summer I say the heat is just crazy ridiculous. But, honestly this summer the heat is just crazy ridiculous!
Gabe has not gotten the quality outdoor time that he's been desiring as of late because of the heat. The poor guy will stand at the front door and just beg to have his shoes put on so he can go outside. He only uses the words shoes and outside, but I know exactly what he's saying. He's adding new words all the time. Quite the copycat he's become. Today's new words/phrases include "gross" and "come on buddy".
At meal time if he doesn't like what I've presented before him he'll ask for a cracker or cheese. Unfortunately for him, I'm one of those moms that thinks he oughta eat what's on his tray or he won't eat at all. Crackers and cheese can only sustain you for so long. Especially if that "cracker" he's begging for is actually a rice cake.
A ninth tooth has popped through on the bottom right. Casey swears he sees a tenth, but I don't see it or feel it when Gabe sits still long enough for me to check things out. This new tooth has brought along with it a runny nose which has left Gabe's poor nostrils fairly raw. They are beginning to heal up well and he hasn't had a runny nose for two days now, so hopefully that's behind us for a while.
Gabe is growing taller faster than he ever has. Each day I have to find higher places to keep things I don't want him to have....keys, sunglasses, breakables, and so on. Today I walked into the dining room after putting laundry away to find him pulling the runner off the table, which also happened to be holding a glass vase with flowers. Fortunately I caught the runner before he got the vase pulled off.
And, speaking of laundry today as I was folding he was watching me ever so carefully and then he would take a shirt of his and try mimicking my hand movements. It was so adorable. I don't think I've ever been so proud of my baby boy in all my life. He likes to help with other chores too. Last week I found his daddy's hat in the bottom rack of the dishwasher. I'm usually very careful to check the dishwasher for things he's dropped in because as I load he also loads a variety of toys or items from around the house. Guess I must have been in a hurry the day the hat was thrown in.
He was also on his best behavior today with the sitter. Not. I was attending a meeting for a grant our school received and one of my old softball players came to the house to watch him. During nap time his diaper was removed, by him, and he wet the bed big time. Very thankful he only went number one. I'm hoping that it was because the sitter likes to put the diapers on loosely and that this is not some kind of new trend.
I have just six days of summer break left. And of the last three weeks I have spent ten days participating in school workshops and meetings. Next summer I am vowing not to spend so much time in conferences or workshops during the last three weeks of my summer break!
Cause there's less time to play with this one and soak up all his love and joy when I'm at a workshop.
I am the luckiest mom on earth.
Even though my son strips himself naked and wets the bed during naptime while there's a sitter in the house....
I know I am the luckiest.
Brad is doing that now too. Gina has to keep pants on all him all the time.
ReplyDelete