Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Yard Sale---DONE!

Yard Sale---MAJOR SUCCESS!

So, I dedicated this last week to getting this yard sale done and it was so very worth every late night and early morning. I couldn't have done it without my mom. She helped us set up and then ran the sale by herself on the first day. In future years, we will not let anyone run the sale alone, especially on the first day. Thank goodness Gabe slept until 10:30 on Friday morning, or I don't know how Mom would have been able to pull it off. It was so crazy busy. The night before the sale I went to bed at 2 am and then got up at 5 am. Seriously three hours of sleep and then up to set up the sale and get to work by 8. I will never do that again. Exhaustion doesn't even begin to describe how I felt.

All of that craziness though was so worth it. After we had all our stuff and my sister's laid out on tables on the lawn and driveway I couldn't believe the amount of things we had for sale. We did some great purging of the house! When we packed up after the sale we loaded five small boxes mostly of adult clothes and some miscellaneous household items and hauled them off to Mary Martha. I was so happy to see everything go and I've got my garage back and my closets and cupboards are strangely bare-looking. I love it!

My first evening to enjoy post-sale I acquired a fever. My second evening post-sale I still had a fever. So, tonight (a night in which I had softball and volleyball games to set up for and parent night at my school) has been the first night I've really enjoyed not having to spend every waking minute preparing for the sale. Not really sure what the fever was all about and thank goodness it's gone now.

Because of the fever and not feeling well, last night Daddy was in charge. And, try as Daddy might to take care of things sometimes little Mr. Sneaky just can't be stopped in time. If what they say is true....that a picture is worth a thousand words....then, this picture can be likened to the biggest book you've ever read.



Umm...Buddy, Mommy's gonna need those....



Let me pick those up for you then, Mommy.



Oh, boy is he a handful.


But, I love him for it anyway!

1 comment:

  1. Don't you imagine the fever was your body saying enough is enough? I need rest and if I have to make you sick to slow you down, then I will. (I wonder how I know that?)

    ReplyDelete