Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Bartlesville Christmas Parade

I think we should call 2010, "The Year Julie Got Schooled In Bartian Community Traditions". I have lived in Bartlesville for eight years, and this is the first year I have partaken in many Bartlesville and Bartlesville area community activities that I wouldn't have given a second thought about before. I think the reason is partly having a child I want to share enriching activities with and partly because Casey now has a job that allows us to participate in more activities as a family. No matter the reason, I know this for sure...I'm very glad to be sharing all of these experiences with Casey and Gabe.

Most recently, we attended the Bartlesville Christmas Parade. It was approximately 30 degrees and windy the evening of the parade. We did take blankets for Gabe, but were without gloves for his little hands. We stayed longer than we wanted to thanks to a motorcycle that drove into the back of a float. The parade was halted for 20 minutes and we would have left, but we were waiting to see a student we mentor and he was on a float behind the motorcycle accident. Minus the cold weather it was a wonderful little parade and Gabe quite enjoyed all the "puh-yity yights" (pretty lights) on the different floats.

Here are some pictures of the evening...



Which one of these is not like the other?



Which one of these is not like the other?



Okay, last one....
Which one of these is not like the other?


Awww....Mommy love.



I'm trying to smile Mama...but it's sooo c-c-c-c-ooold.



My boys.



Gabe checkin' out the floats.



Waving at the Gingerbread Man.



Craning to see more "puh-yity yights".


After the parade, we headed over to Johnstone Park to drive through the Fantasyland of Lights the Rotary Club puts on each year. Gabe loved all the "puh-yity yights". And, I love that little phrase, "puh-yity yights". Tonight as we were driving across Adams Blvd where you can see the main section of businesses up and down 75 highway he was pointing and saying "puh-yity yights!". It's definitely my favorite new phrase of the month.

I've got just one week of school left before Christmas vacation and I couldn't be more excited. It's going to be a jam-packed Christmas and I have much crafting and cooking/baking to do this week before the family festivities begin. Blogging may be light, but I have some fun pictures from the surprise visit my mom and nephew made this weekend that I'll try to get up early this week.

Stay warm everyone and try to slow the craziness of the season down if you can manage it....Jesus is the reason for the season!


1 comment:

  1. Julie i called Casey, me and my bf made a suprise trip for kenny's birthday, and we went to the parade. I figured you all would be there, but no answer:( I'll be there thursday night and friday morning/afternoon!! Casey gets to meet Robert.. scary. haha but Gabe looks so cute. I can't wait to see him:) I have his christmas gift too for him. Just in case you all aren't home for Christmas i'll bring it early! Love you all, Erika!

    ReplyDelete