Thanksgiving was at my mom and dad's on Thanksgiving Day this year. Every year we have our tradition of spending Thanksgiving Eve with all the girls at my mom's while the boys all head to my sister and brother-in-law's house. This year was no different. We enjoyed a supper of soup and beer bread (which you cannot get drunk on despite what the name indicates). Then some scrapped, some movie watched, and some chatted. It was a good evening of just girls. The guys played poker and ate pizza at their place.
Then, on Thanksgiving Day we all gathered for a traditional noon turkey meal with all the fixin's. The evening of Thanksgiving Day we plotted our Black Friday shopping. At the top of my list....a sewing machine and fabric. Both of which are for me and used to make things for others....WIN-WIN!! Amazingly we didn't meet any craziness until our very last store where we stood in line for three hours waiting to get our fabric cut. Target was pretty ugly too, but we sneakily checked out at the return counter and skipped the hours long wait other people were having.
I didn't capture very many photos of the weekend, but here are a few that I did get.
Gabe and sweet cousin Lauren....
....they were watching Happy Feet.
Gabe asleep at Mom and Dad's back door.
They left without him...
So, he cried himself to sleep waiting.
Gabe enjoying Libby's new bed.
Watching "Cowboys and Horses".
Whatever's in that cup...
....must be some good stuff.
Thanksgiving break was go, go, go. The same day I got only three hours of sleep due to Black Friday shopping we went to Kansas City to see the lights at the Plaza. Unfortunately we got there just as everything was closing, but Gabe loved the "pretty lights" and all of the horse drawn carriages. Next year we'll go again, but earlier, and maybe not on the same day we go Black Friday shopping. It's two weeks past Thanksgiving break and my house still hasn't fully recovered from being gone, and probably won't until after Christmas break, but oh, well. It's worth it!
Yes I read it. Thanks. I was going to be very disappointed if you hadn't. I would have earlier but two finals today and two finals tomorrow so needless to say I have been a little bit busy.......Was a good break though.
ReplyDeleteNote to self...never leave home without Gabe again.
ReplyDelete