Gabe's birthday party invitations.
Number 2 Design 1
Number 2 Design 2
And the birthday banner.
And, today two weeks later...
...it's still pinned to the wall in the dining room.
And, I still like it.
I kept with a simple theme of primary colors. It was fun gathering things over the last month before his party. I have really enjoyed keeping his parties simple so there's less stress.
Casey baked the cupcakes for me, after my dad made a last minute run to walmart for cupcake wrappers. I had purchased some ahead of time but decided I didn't like them....on the day of the party. I worked some makeup basketball games on the day of the party because of all the snow, and that was not in the plans but we all worked together to get the party on. Between shifts at the high school I frosted and decorated the cupcakes. And, my dad kindly filled the party balloons with helium. Meanwhile, my mom made a big dinner of meatballs, hashbrowns, and cooked carrots for us to eat before the party. I found these cute little tins at Target to hold the spoons and the balloons. And, I purchased the plates, napkins, and party hats (that totally weren't functional) at the Dollar Tree here in town.
After cake it was gift time. I loved all the clothes Gabe received (considering he's grown four inches since his 18 month check up in August) and Gabe loved all the new toys to play with. I would list everything here, but I would invariably leave someone out, and then I'd feel terrible. So, instead I'll just share a few photos we snapped while he opened presents.
Thank you to everyone who helped us celebrate. Gabe is a very loved little guy.
Casey baked the cupcakes for me, after my dad made a last minute run to walmart for cupcake wrappers. I had purchased some ahead of time but decided I didn't like them....on the day of the party. I worked some makeup basketball games on the day of the party because of all the snow, and that was not in the plans but we all worked together to get the party on. Between shifts at the high school I frosted and decorated the cupcakes. And, my dad kindly filled the party balloons with helium. Meanwhile, my mom made a big dinner of meatballs, hashbrowns, and cooked carrots for us to eat before the party. I found these cute little tins at Target to hold the spoons and the balloons. And, I purchased the plates, napkins, and party hats (that totally weren't functional) at the Dollar Tree here in town.
Watching a year in pictures.
Happy birthday to you...
Happy birthday to you....
Now, blow out the candles and...
...eat some cake!
These cars were from us.
They were Casey's when he was little.
They have provided hours of entertainment for Gabe.
Thank you to everyone who helped us celebrate. Gabe is a very loved little guy.
No comments:
Post a Comment