Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Sunday, April 10, 2011

St. Patrick's Day 2011 Part 2 of 2

The parade.

Apparently a St. Patrick's Day parade is like a free pass for all the weirdest of weird people to come out in full. You'll see some of that in the pictures I have to share. Some of the things Gabe saw really perplexed him. The bagpipers are just one example of this. I think it was the kilts that threw him off more than anything. And, rightly so. Men shouldn't wear skirts....of any kind.

Without further ado (and because it's been nearly a month and I've forgotten a lot of the details of the day) here are the photos from the parade....


Ummm...where's the parade you said we were coming to see?


Oh, never mind. School bus!



There's the start of the parade...and filtered green in honor of the day.


Fire truck!


Uhhh....


....what the heck is that?


Really mom. Should I clap? I'm not sure.


Uhhhh...


....okay, that's even stranger he thinks.


What are those?


Why, they're bag pipers.
It was an enriching experience for Gabe, to say the least.


"No, no, no, no, no!"


And, there's some more of that weirdness.
Gabe was clapping right along with the music but
his face was like "what the heck are they doing mama?"


There's Bryson up close and Gabe looking on to the next float.


Everybody wave...


...it's Papa's co-workers....sort of.
These are lineman for Westar Energy,
which is the company Papa works for on the fuel crew.




Gabe's still waving....


Big truck he says.

Rock Chalk! We were in Lawrence after all.


And, of course this was before their failed attempt to win the NCAA championship.


What cute doggies!


That's sort of a nervous look he has there.


Snoopy and the Red Baron were a little crazy for his taste.


And, this was a little crazy for my taste.

Can you guess what these people are peddling?


If you guessed Bicycle Bar you're right!
I just wonder....is it driving under the influence if the only thing you're controlling are the pedals?


After the parade we stopped for ice cream at McDonald's. Both of the boys thoroughly enjoyed the quality time with Grami and Papa.

Since I haven't been doing daily posts I've kind of been slacking on specific growth updates with Gabe and different milestones. So, I'm going to do my best to spend the next several posts talking about the latest and greatest developments in Gabe. It seems he learns a new trick, phrase, and what-not every day. And, while not every moment of our lives is all peaches and cream it is still such a joy raising Gabe. It's cliche to say, but it truly is hard to put into words just how much we love our boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment