All of that, just like that, with barely a breath in between. At the time I wasn't even really sure he was saying Coco. And, I was thinking cocoa? He doesn't even know what that is. Then, I thought I'll bet Coco is a character off a show. So, I asked him, "Who's Coco? Did you see Coco on tv?" And he replied, "Coco. Find him." So, Gabe was really no help at all.
I wrestled him out of bed and thought to myself while I dressed him and he repeatedly asked for Coco, I think maybe that's the name of Minnie's cat. So, I asked Gabe, "Is that Minnie's cat?", to which he replied, "No." Hmmm... I couldn't take not knowing any more so I pulled out my trusty iPhone and googled Mickey Mouse Clubhouse + coco. And, whaddya know...Coco is a monkey friend of Goofy's. It's been nearly a week, maybe more since he's seen the episode. I wonder if tonight in his dreams he'll find him.
Before the rains arrived last Friday we had a beautiful week of weather in which we took full advantage of our backyard and Gabe's new backyard toys. Complete strangers who happen to live next door to where we attend small groups for church are selling their house and offered us all their yard toys. Completely free of charge, they gave us a Little Tykes slide and swing combo, a rocking horse (with lots of neighing and cowboy sayings), and a Little Tykes picnic table. Gabe's not so hip on the horse right now, but he loves the table and slide and swing combo.
A frog has taken up permanent residence on his slide and swing, so sometimes he's not able to enjoy the slide like he'd like to. My child is terrorized just by the sight of a frog. I mean completely, and utterly, paralyzed with fear. No, that's not right...he isn't paralyzed. He runs screaming when he sees them. I may or may not find ways to point out frogs to him just to see his reaction. Hey, you never know...I could win $10,000 with a video of that or become a Youtube viral sensation!
Don't go gettin' all concerned on me. Casey made me promise to quit doing that to Gabe. And, so I promised.
Well, on that note, here are some fun pictures from the backyard which don't involve frogs or screaming.
Te-ye-scope! (telescope)
Mickey Mouse really is an educational show.
It's where he learned the word telescope.
From Pro-yesser Bahn-dwake. (Professor VonDrake)
Say cheese for Papa!
Really, that's exactly what he said before covering his face.
That's better.
Big boy swing. He won't sit on it though.
Oh. Let me give you some privacy.
Oh, he's feeling much better now.
Is it just me...or does he look like a man in this picture?
My baby is gone.
But, he'll still run to me when he hurts himself and a kiss fixes it. He'll still curl up in my lap for story time. He'll still snuggle his face in my shoulder when there's a cold breeze and he'll say, "Nice and warm." as he does it.
Maybe my baby's not gone after all...he's just getting taller.
No comments:
Post a Comment