The day began with a special gift from Casey. He made me a video of pictures of Gabe and I through the years set to emotional mom focused songs. Why not start the day off crying right? It was bound to happen some time throughout the day. May as well get it over with first thing. :-)
We attended church and Gabe refused to stamp his hand on the adorable Mother Day cards they were having all the nursery kids make. He's going through a strange separation anxiety phase as of late being dropped off in the nursery. It's never been a problem before, and I'm hoping it won't last long.
After church, we had lunch with Casey's mom, grandma, aunt and uncle. Then we came home and I requested pictures with Gabe. He wasn't having it. Part of his new I'm three and I do what I want attitude I guess. He was being a complete turd and then our most amazing neighbors came home and Mr. Best Neighbor Ever bribed him with some play time on his restored toy tractor. Worked like a charm. Gabe was all kinds of hammin' it up. After pictures, I had a nap while Casey occupied Gabe (it was too late in the day for him to nap). After the nap I played in my craft room with my new Silhouette Cameo (a paper cutting machine). All in all a great Mother's Day...only wish I lived closer to my family so I could celebrate the day with the lovely ladies in my family also.
Here's how we started...
Getting a "talking to".
Didn't work.
After the neighbor said he'd bring the tractor out.
Sometimes bribery is okay.
For a picture like this...I'm okay with bribery.
Me and my two boys.
Would love for that second boy to be here...now.
Little turkey.
Handsome little turkey.
That is the cutest tractor for little kids that I have EVER seen in my life!!
ReplyDelete