Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Play Ball!

It's Sunday afternoon. You've had to go five long days without a post. Well, wait no more my friends. I've got a week's worth of posts I'm lining up today. There's probably a number of other things I should be doing...laundry, packing a bag for the hospital, cleaning house in general, taking a nap...but I'm willing to sacrifice all that and put it off for another time just for you. ;-)

Back in April we had some amazing evenings of weather (it's been in the 90s the last couple of days, so it feels more like summer than spring now). As much as we could we tried to get Daddy outside to play before it got dark and before he hit the books. We bought Gabe a bat and ball for Easter, and it has been his first choice of toy to play with outside since.

Look at that form.
Casey's....

That's a good snap of the wrist right there.

So, you've heard of charging the mound....
....how about charging the batter?


Gabe's turn.


Surprisingly, Gabe is able to make pretty good contact with the ball. I do hope there's a future in ball practices and games for us. Baseball is something the whole family can enjoy. It's soccer that scares me....because I know nothing of it.

Tooting around Tulsa last weekend we heard this random quip from the backseat.

Gabe: "My brother's going to be a doctor when he grows up."
Casey: "What will you be?"
Gabe: "A player."
Insert pause, and envision Casey and I looking at one another like...a player? a play-uh?
Casey: "What kind?"
Gabe: "Basketball. Not a doctor."
And, now see the exchange of relief between Casey and I.

He has since told others he's going to be a player but he's added in baseball and football along with basketball. I am glad for his interest in sports and I should probably remind myself of this when we're on practice four of five for the week and going to be gone to an all day Saturday tournament. For now, I can tell myself we've got years before we're to that point. Sometimes denial is best for my sanity in these situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment