Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Thursday, May 10, 2012

So Proud

Remember way back in January when I reported my husband wasn't just taking a full load of college courses, but rather a full and a half load? Eighteen credit hours, six classes in all. He was incredibly anxious about how the semester might go and of course I was a little. I didn't want him to be overwhelmed and lose faith that he could do this college thing. In the beginning we had a lot of "you can do this" type pep talks. He was overwhelmed.

But, guess what? After months of hard work, determination, and staying up until 2 or sometimes 3 am each night to do course work....HE DID IT!!

Casey completed 18 hours of coursework in one semester and here's the breakdown in grades.

A.....A.....B.....B.....B.....C

Is that incredible or what? I am so proud of him. Some reading this may be thinking no big deal, I took 18 hours of college in a semester once back in the day. Were you married? Did you have a child? Was your wife an emotional and physical pregnant mess that semester? Did you have a full time job?

People. Do not underestimate the effort and incredible diligence it took to pull this off. Casey deserves a huge amount of respect for what he endured this semester. So, if you see him around...give him a pat on the back for a job VERY well done.

He has just 23 days of freedom left before the summer classes begin and we are already enjoying each evening to the fullest. Casey's enjoying a solid night of sleep again too.

And, because I have some random pictures of Gabe to get in a blog post I'll end this one with these photos Casey snapped before church one Sunday.



Sweet boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment