Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Monday, March 26, 2012

Bedtime Excuses

Tonight's list of ridiculous toddler excuses for getting out of bed.

1. I'm hungry.

2. I'm thirsty.

3. I need my fan on because it's cold. (Yes, I wrote that correctly. He mixes up the hot and cold thing.)

4. I need bug cream for the bugs that are biting me. (This is a recent phobia he has acquired. There aren't actually any bugs biting him. Thanks to the genius of his dad though, a little bit of baby lotion [bug cream] keeps him from really freaking out.)

5. Mommy, I need you to sing Jesus Loves Me to me in my bed. (Okay, so I don't actually think this one is ridiculous...it's just one of the excuses he used.)

6. Daddy, there are boogers in my nose. (Upon examination by Daddy, it was determined that there were not actually any boogers in his nose.)

7. And, now two hours after being put to bed.... the granddaddy excuse of them all....first prize blue ribbon....

Mom. I have toe fuzz in my toes.


Oh, this is truly a fun age. If it weren't so late I would be even more amused by his tactics. As it is now, I'm just ready for some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment